Saturday, October 12, 2013

~ Cafe Hunting : Penny University @ Katong ~

I just don't know why can't bring myself to blog about my experience to this cafe, just keep on dragging and dragging.. =( I've went to this Penny University like, for ages? Lol! Probably I'm just too lazy, you know, to recall and write it out, but this seriously must be done fast!!!! >.<

It was on a Sunday (Once upon a time... lol.) and after lunch at this Beach Road Prawn Mee Eating House at Katong, we went for some "high-tea" time at Penny University which just located nearby. (Just to let you guys know, the prawn mee here taste super good! *Thumbs up!* Should go try if you guys are around or making a trip to Penny University. =))



Penny University is a term that originated from 18th century coffeehouses in London, England. For the price of a penny, one had access to coffee. It is an artisanal cafe born out of a love of coffee discovered in London.


Mind you, if you visit this cafe on a weekend, you really need to come over quite early or else, you will end up like me, need to wait for a while but also unable to get the ideal seating. The whole cafe is indeed quite vintage and indie feel, like the interior design but unfortunately, I'm unable to get a good pic of how the cafe looks like, but here are some pics for you to take a peep! =P











They have quite wide selections of food and drinks, and they also serving many different kind of pastries!! xD Which is a good thing especially for those who just wanna come and have some tea time! =) Pastry is just nice for some tea time, not too light or too heavy. xD



So as usual I ordered myself a cup of coffee and my friend, Jermaine ordered herself a tea (Paiseh paiseh, I forgot about the name but the tea taste real good! =)) Like I said, pastry would be a good choice for those who just want to have some tea time, so we just ordered the Lemon Meringue Tart.



As you can see, we were given a number after we made our order at the cashier there. They will serve you the drinks after a while. And oh my, the Lemon Meringue Tart is really good! xD The crust was crispy and the lemon filling is sourly taste enough(not too sour), the whole combination is just nice. =)

Then here comes my Espresso With Milk. Wells, I must said when my coffee came I was kinda shocked? Cuz I never expected it will be so... small? And the cup, or rather the container also kinda surprised me, haha. 



Taa-daah! You get what I mean? LOL. But luckily the espresso doesn't taste very bitter, with the milk it taste fine. Love the coffee aroma too! ^.^



Finally, Jermaine's tea has arrived!! But I forgot what's the name of the tea ald, paiseh paiseh... >.< For those who don't wanna drink coffee, fret not! Penny Uni has quite a few of tea choices on their menu! =)



Penny University is definitely a place that worth your penny, lol! I definitely will come again to try out their breakfast/brunch menu! xD It's really a nice place to hang out and enjoy a cup of coffee!! If can will re-visit it during weekdays(which is quite impossible for now~) so that I can enjoy the ambience! =P


Till then, annyeong! Xoxo, Phoebe. :)

Penny University

402, East Coast Road,
Singapore 428997T.

No comments:

Post a Comment