Sunday, July 20, 2014

~ Follow The Nguyens To Vietnam : Trip To Ho Chi Minh ~

Ok, finally I'm going to update you guys on my recent trip/holidays/vacation, whatever you wanna call it haha. =) This is the first time I write a travel post, so will try my best to provide all the details and the informations that you might need and refer when you wanna travel to there. =)


The Happy Nguyenssss~ Haha!
Really been longing for a break from my stagnant lifestyle so I asked my bestie Alexis whether she wanted to go on a trip with me or not since we also never been to a trip together before. Then after that Connie and her bf, Keinth also joined in and became our travel buddies. =)


Actually three of them intended to go Taiwan in the first place but since I went before so I was hoping to go somewhere else instead. =P And because due to most of us don't have that much of time or leaves, so we decided to go Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam in the end. =) (It's a budgeted trip but turned out to be a luxurious trip in the end, will tell you guys why in my coming posts! xD)

Before I write more on our 6D5N trip in Vietnam, here are some sneak peek of our trip! xD
* Yellow Sand Dunes (黄沙丘) *
My favourite shot so far! =)


* Mekong River (湄公河) *

* Notre Dame Cathedral (西贡王公圣母教堂) *

* Giant Jesus Statue (耶稣山) *

Omg, I really missed the time we had there! It was really an amazing experience cuz this trip turned out to be better than what we've expected. Around a month back before our trip, there was some riot over there and we all were very worried that it might affected our trip but luckily nothing bad happened. *phew*

Honestly, I found that it's kinda hard to plan this trip at first, cuz I really have no idea about the places and how's the transport there, unlike last time when I went Taiwan, where I can get the informations from my other friends who went before and you can actually get the info from the internet easily.

Of course I must thank Connie who send all the travel posts on Vietnam from Cari Forum to me, all of the posts there really helped me a lot during my planning of the trip. That's why I hope my posts about my trip to Vietnam will be able to help those who wanna go for a free and easy trip in Vietnam. =) Below is the itinerary for our 6D5N in Vietnam:

25/6/2014 (Wednesday) :
7.15 a.m. - Depart from Changi airport
8.15 a.m. - Arrive at Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh)
9.00 a.m. - Pick up by private car from our hotel
9.30 a.m. - Check in Seventy Hotel
1.45 p.m. - Lunch @ Pho 2000
2.30 p.m. - Ben Thanh Market
3.30 p.m. - Reunification Palace
4.30 p.m. - War Remnants Museum
7.30 p.m. - Dinner @ Quan An Ngon
8.30 p.m. - Tea time @ Creperie & Cafe
9.00 p.m. - Diamond Plaza
10.00 p.m. - Coffee time @ Highlands Coffee
11. 00 p.m. - Go back to Seventy Hotel

26/6/2014 (Thursday) :
7.15 a.m. - Depart from The Sinh Tourist to Mui Ne
2.00 p.m. - Check in Sunsea Resort
3.30 p.m. - Fishing Village
4.30 p.m. - White Sand Dunes
5.30 p.m. - Yellow Sand Dunes
7.00 p.m. - Back to Sunsea Resort
8.30 p.m. - Dinner @ Golden Sand Restaurant
10.30 p.m. - Back to Sunsea Resort & "pool party" (LOL)

27/6/2014 (Friday) :
8.30 a.m. - Bus from Sunsea Resort back to Ho Chi Minh
1.30 p.m. - Reach Ho Chi Minh
2.45 p.m. - Depart to Cu Chi Tunnels
4.10 p.m. - Reach Cu Chi Tunnels
8.00 p.m. - Dinner @ Thanh Nien Buffet Restaurant
9.30 p.m. - Coffee time @ Trung Nguyen Coffee
11.50 p.m. - Coffee time again @ Starbucks
12.45 a.m - Back to Seventy Hotel

28/6/2014 (Saturday) :
8.00 a.m. - Pick up from hotel (Air-con bus)
10.00 a.m. - Arrive @ My Tho
12.00 p.m. - Visit Bee Keeping Farm & enjoy honey tea
12.30 p.m. - Rowing boat tour along Mekong River
1.30 p.m. - Visit handmade coconut candy workshop
2.15 p.m. - Lunch @ local restaurant
3.30 p.m. - Enjoy tropical fruits & traditional music of Vietnamese
5.00 p.m. - Bus back to Ho Chi Minh
7.45 p.m. - Dinner @ Mon Hue Restaurant
9.30 p.m. - Dessert time @ the famous Fanny Ice-cream
10.15 p.m. - Dessert time again @ Kem Bach Dang
11.10 p.m. - Supper time @ Five Oysters Restaurant
12.30 p.m. - Back to Seventy Hotel

29/6/2014 (Sunday) :
9.00 a.m. - Notre Dame Cathedral + General Post Office
11.00 a.m. - Depart to Vung Tau
1.30 p.m. - Lunch @ Lotteria Fast Food
2.45 p.m. - Arrive @ Giant Jesus Statue
6.15 p.m. - Go back to Ho Chi Minh
8.45 p.m. - Reach Ho Chi Minh
9.00 p.m. - Dinner @ food stall along the street
12.00 a.m. - Back to Seventy Hotel

30/6/2014 (Monday) :
9.30 a.m. - Check out & breakfast @ Seventy Hotel
10.30 a.m. - Ben Thanh Market
12.00 p.m. - Lunch @ Pho 2000
1.00 p.m. - Go to Tan Son Nhat International Airport
3.35 p.m. - Tam Biet (Goodbye in Vietnam) Ho Chi Minh!
6.30 p.m. - Back to Singapore! >.<

Since our flight was early in the morning (7.15 a.m.), we decided to spend a night in airport. It was my second time spending night in airport, the first time was when I first travel to Singapore, I spent a night in LCCT before my flight to Singapore. =)

Alexis was coming down from KL to join us too. =) So while waiting for Connie and Keinth to arrive in airport, we took some pictures and some selfies too, haha! xD







While we were still waiting for both Connie and Keinth, we decided to walk around and spotted quite a lot of tourists were sleeping on the seats. (Can you spot them? Hehe~)



Finally they were here! We decided to take another "group-fie" while waiting, haha. xD Honestly, from the picture really can't tell that we were actually using the selfie stick to capture the photo, more like we asked someone else to take for us. xD



As for the air tickets, we bought a two-ways (round trip) tickets from Jetstar, depart from Singapore on 25th Jun 2014 at 7.15 a.m. and return from Ho Chi Minh on 30th June 2014 at 3.35 p.m. (Please take note that this is Vietnam timing), costs total of SGD 558 for 4 of us in total, which is SGD 139.50 per person for two-ways. =) 

We didn't bought much luggages for check in as we thought that we might no need since many people said that there is not much shopping can be done in Ho Chi Minh. But it turned out that we were wrong! We bought 20kg for check in for departing and 30kg for returning. Some of you might have thought : Eh, quite a lot what.. NO, do note that for both 20kg and 30kg were shared by 4 of us, lol. So my advise is, better buy more cuz or else, when your check-in baggage/luggage overweight, it will be quite costly if you buy the extra weight on the spot. That's what happened to us! (Stay tuned for my next few posts to find out more. xD)

I guess that's all for now, at least for this post. Do looking forward to my upcoming few posts as I will blog about my trip to Vietnam in a few posts! =) (Hope my informations here able to help! ^.^)



Till then, annyeong! (Or should I said tam biet? Haha!) Xoxo, Phoebe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment